I'm tempted to start this up, but I am way over-involved. But for this to happen would be incredible.
With three bicycle shops in Sherman Oaks and other community support, a bicycle committee can really do some good for the neighborhood:
- Work on sidewalk bicycle parking in business districts not currently served (Van Nuys Blvd., Woodman Blvd, Sepulveda).
- Work with big box and grocery stores on off-sidewalk bicycle parking.
- Support and report on status of long-term bicycle projects such as the Fulton Ave. Class II Bike Lane and the LA River Class I Bike Path
- Education Projects in the community with Sharrows and Signage (as seen in the picture)
- Identifying Class III routes in the community.
- Work with Land Use Committee and developers of new apartments and condos to build and design in bicycle parking for tenants and guests.
- Identify and work with property owners who have trees and bushes that "shed" thorns into sidewalks and streets causing bicycle tires to easily pop.